Disability is in the Mind !!
We are all disabled in some way or the other. But,we tend to isolate those who cannot see or hear .Yet the fact remains that they have other abilities, they are differently abled. “
It is we who need to overcome our disability to understand the “Differently abled” & give them a level playing field to march in the step with others & become greater contributing members of society.
” We are all disabled in some way or the other. But,we tend to isolate those who cannot see or hear .Yet the fact remains that they have other abilities, they are differently abled. “
Our Role !
1) Make yourself comfortable,find out ways &means, ask them directly rather than asking third persons ,and remember that disability or no disability, every person is UNIQUE & should be treated as Such .
2) Every child with disability should be given the means, the facility & the right atmosphere to take up schooling .
3) Understand the trauma that parents go through when they have a ‘special child’.
More than advising them , hear them out , listen to their emotional turmoil patiently , and just be there for them so that they do not feel left out them so that they do not feel left out from society & thus develop a sense of isolation.
4) Buildings ,Public places ,offices ,malls should be made accessible to people who use wheelchairs or who can’t see.
5) We should interact freely with persons with disability .
6) Our children should be given opportunities to interact with other children with disabilities.
7) Employment should be encouraged wherever possible, not on the basis of pity, but on the basis of the abilities of the individual.
Together we can build a beautiful New world where each individual gets the right platform to grow ,blossom, contribute & receive from the society.
– Sreejesh O.V